Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
In our own power, we could never achieve what Jesus calls us to as His followers, which includes seeing physical miracles, delivering people of demonic oppression, shifting spiritual atmospheres, and bringing souls into the kingdom of God. This all may sound difficult, but that is until we know that the Holy Spirit lives in us and He does the work, and we are given tremendous authority in Jesus Christ!
I want to encourage you today that regardless of who you are and where you are, you are called to a life of supernatural power—to see the impossible made possible. Here are practical ways to begin to see heaven come to earth, through the power of decrees and declarations.
Declare His Will Be Done
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits. (Proverbs 18:21)
We can bring blessing or destruction with the words that we choose. In Genesis 1, we see that God speaks the world into existence. That should give you an idea of just how powerful words are!
What are you believing for in your own life that seems impossible? Miraculous healing? The salvation of your family? Financial breakthrough? Regardless of how you’re feeling today, I encourage you to declare God’s goodness over the specific circumstances that seem impossible in your life. Here are three biblical truths you can declare over yourself and your circumstances to help you see breakthrough:
- I declare that I am healed by the blood of Jesus. God heals all of my diseases. (Isaiah 53:5, Psalm 103:3)
- I declare salvation over my entire family, that God has paid the price for their freedom, deliverance, and eternal life. (Acts 16:31, John 12:32)
- I declare that I am abundantly blessed with financial resources and provision. (Psalm 25:13)
Decree Heaven onto Earth
In the Lord’s prayer, Jesus tells His disciples to pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:9-10) We are called to pray His Kingdom come for the transformation and reformation of society!
I believe that many of you are called to one or more of the 7 Mountains of Culture, which include: business, government, arts and entertainment, family, religion, media, and education. For example, if you are a teacher, you can decree that God would be glorified and that morality and righteousness would be lifted up in your school. If you work for the government, you can decree an increase of godly leaders to carry out legislation that would bring truth and justice to society.
God has called us to be the head and not the tail. (Deuteronomy 28:13) As we experience greater levels of spiritual authority we will see our natural authority increase in our spheres of influence!
Here are some resources to equip you and inspire you to pray, decree, and declare His Kingdom come!
- God Wants to Bless You! is my most recent book, and is full of decrees that will help you to pray the blessing, goodness, and favor of the Lord over many areas of your life.
- The prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective! (James 5:16) The Power of Prayer is an HRock Church teaching series that will give you a foundation on the power of prayer, decrees, and declarations to create breakthrough!
- As believers in Christ, we are called to great places of authority! Kings & Reformation of Society is a message I’ve given on why and how you can influence culture and society through the authority God has given you.